Help! Where do I start? Why start?
I actually decided to look up the word organize just to make sure there wasn’t some magical element I had missed all these years. So according to all the trusted sources to be organized is to arrange things in a systematic way.
Great. Now I have to create a system. How many of us have stopped at this point? Well I decided to push forward and as I looked at where I was and where I wanted to be, things became clear so I decided to share my journey with you.
I began by talking with my peers and doing my due diligence. I kept coming across this “multi-tasking” concept and how most successful people have the ability to do this. This is what I discovered: MULTI-TASKING DOES NOT WORK. We are not designed to do two tasks at once so we don’t have to feel guilty any longer.
Check out these links for more information about the hazards of multitasking:
So how did I accomplish this task you ask? Well, the bottom line was focusing on the task at hand. Some people call it mindfulness and some call it being in the now. I knew I needed to be task focused. Does that make sense?
So here are my Five Tips to getting organized in 2022 for business and home:
- We all get the same number of hours in a day so it’s not so much about managing time as it is about managing how you use your time.
- Use routines, calendars, planners, whatever kind of system you can to keep things out of your head.
- Delegate tasks. This is an extremely important and difficult task for most of us. It sometimes seems so much easier if I just do it myself. That is the trap!
- Stay motivated. I know that if I am organized, I will have more time for fun, family and friends while being more successful at work. That is my mantra!!!
- Learning to say No. This is not just a business skill but a life skill.
“Love yourself enough to set boundaries…You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.”
There are levels of being organized and not organized…
From perfectionism at one end and tee-total slob at the other end. Some people are born organized but the rest of us can learn how to be better organized in our lives and in our business. Choose one or two tips and implement them today and commit to doing them every day for 1 month. You will be amazed at the transformation in your life.
At Smith and Company our goal is to get even more organized in 2022, and we appreciate your patience with us in this endeavor. Although we do many things right, there is always room for improvement. If our improvements serve you well, then we have accomplished our goals! Happiness, health, neatness and order, as well as productivity to you in 2022!
Visit us at www.smithandcoconsignment.com to virtually see our progress or stop by and see us in person to let us know how we are doing.